Marketing is the Last Step....

http://businessbeware.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/word-of-mouth-marketing.jpgFrom the Lefsetz Letter....

Marketing is the final step these days. It's about positioning. It's about imaging. Like those iPod billboards. They don't tell you much, they just remind you how hip the product is.

So don't bother attending marketing seminars. Don't listen to the major label tell you how it used to be. Just practice, practice, practice. Make something insanely great. And post it online. Hell, give it away for free. Because if it's really good, people will ultimately clamor around you to give you their money...for concert tickets, t-shits and signed CDs, even if they only listen to MP3s. Because believers need badges of honor. They want to evidence what's close to their hearts. It's the key to logos on clothing. Shit, no one wants to sport a JCPenney or Wal-Mart logo just like no one wants to help you sell your lame music.

I feel it's been a little while since Bobby has said something that caught me ear, but dammit he's on to something! But I've been saying this for a while now! In all of the rambling I did in that post, I essentially meant the same thing here. If you do or make something good, people are going to realize it.

Okay, enough "tooting my own horn" (where the hell did that come from anyway?).

-b Funk

1 comments:

Custom t-shirts said...

Do you really believe that marketing is the final step. I don't think so, For me the customer satisfaction is the final step.