RIP Dio

http://www.jessicarider.com/dio/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dio.jpg

Just a few days ago, heavy metal icon Ronnie James Dio passed away. I can't say much about the man but I know how influential he was to the genre.

He's best known for his wailing "vocal style and attachment to demonic imagery" as lead singer for such bands as Rainbow, Black Sabbath (after Ozzy), and his own Dio. The guy is a heavy metal rock icon and after listening to a few of his tunes, and really not being a big metal fan at all, I must say he is a badass and his music is pretty awesome.

Rest in Peace Mr. Dio, you shall be missed.

Check out this writeup from Daily Swarm

Man on the Silver Mountain



Tenacious D (with a little Dio cameo)



Rock and Roll Children



Holy Diver (cover)

Strange story about this one. Last week I was driving back from Philadelphia with my brother. He's a big metal fan and I knew he liked Killswitch Engage. He put this song on, which was originally written by Dio and I thought it was pretty amazing. Little did I know that just a few days later Ronnie would pass away. Weird


The Mob Rules (look at the demon in the tree on stage)

0 comments: