New Albums You Need To Hear

The Black Keys: Brothers
Brothers
Hey, it's The Black Keys, they are always good. The duo takes their signature distorted, muddy, shitkickin', blues rock for a run on this one folks. Pretty standard sounding for them, which in my opinion isn't exactly a bad thing. 15 tracks of all around greatness. It's one of those ALBUMS that you can put on and listen all the way through. Really good stuff here.
(remember BlakRoc?)


The Tallest Man on Earth: The Wild Hunt

The Wild Hunt
Young Bob (Dylan that is) aka "The Tallest Man on Earth" is back with his second album entitled "The Wild Hunt". As I've said before, I don't care if he sounds like Bob Dylan, I like Bob Dylan, and I like him. Poetic, Folky, Real.
(Tallest Man Videos)




Eminem. People say he's the best rapper (although people say Lil Wayne is too) for a reason...because he is. I'm not going to get into a debate or anything, everybody's got an opinion. My opinion is that there are different types rap and different styles of rappers. I'll leave it at that. His "Recovery" album doesn't drop until June 22nd but this mixtape came out yesterday. It's got some pretty cool blends and mixes on it but the quality isn't all that great. Anyway, just wanted to bring this up on everyone's radar, JUNE 22nd (prolly will leak earlier though...)
(other Em related things)


Holy Fuck: Latin
Latin
I FUCKIN' (haha) love these guys. As I've said before, I enjoy the crazy-electro-punk-jam-tronic noise that they make. This album continues the tradition laid down in their other 2 albums (which are great) but has a tighter, structured feel to it. I'm not sure if it has as much initial excitement and energy as it's predecessors, but it still grooves, and gets pretty wild once you get into the middle and end of the album.


All right, that's enough for now.

Oh and I must thank the music snobs over at Pitchfork for being so on top of things. I wouldn't have even known most of these albums dropped if it wasn't for them.

Okay, go listen to music .


0 comments: