Into The Presence



I just had the pleasure of catching the relatively new band Into The Presence last evening in the intimate setting of The M Room in Philadelphia. If you haven't heard of them yet, there is a good chance you'll recognize the band's drummer, Tim Alexander, from the bands Primus and A Perfect Circle. The band has a sort of Muse + Queen, classic rock+ progressive type sound which I found to be quite exciting and different from a lot of the modern rock that's been coming out as of late. The band's singer and guitarist, Luis Carlos Maldonado, has an extremely powerful and captivating voice, and the guy can absolutely play as well (he did get into The University of Arizona's music school when he was 12). Adding to the band's sound are sisters Paz and Ana Lenchantin each playing electric bass and cello respectively. The cello adds an interesting dynamic to the band's sound while Paz's bass playing locks in and complements Alexander's drumming extremely well.

Last night was my first incite into this band and I was very impressed with what I saw. I hope they continue onward and gain some of the exposure they deserve.

They are currently taking up a Tuesday night residency at The M Room in Philadelphia as well as a Wednesday night residency at Pianos in New York. If you are in the area, I would suggest checking them out.

0 comments: