Mick Foley, Finally Champ Again



Sunday night in Philadelphia Mrs. Foley's baby boy won his fourth World Heavyweight Title at TNA's Pay Per View event Lockdown. I'm not much of a TNA fan (more partial to WWE) but when I heard that Mick Foley and Sting were in the main event, I had to attend. TNA has some classic guys on their roster including; Jeff Jarret (who actually started the TNA brand), Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner (both who are about 50+), Rhino,Kurt Angel, and Philly's own Dudley Boyz (known as 3D) to name a few. I figured it would be worth while because I grew up watching a lot of these guys.

The event as a whole was pretty entertaining and there were a some pretty good matches. The best overall match was absolutely 3D's Philly Street Fight match against the tag team Beer Money Inc. Also, for some reason, in the event's pre-show Danny Bonaduce wrestled in a match (yeah you know, this guy). Although, the highlight of the night for me was seeing Mick Foley finally win another World Title and getting to pat him on the back after his win. Sure he is old now and the match wasn't that fantastic but he has been one of my favorite wrestlers since I was a kid and I've loved all of his personas over the years (Cactus Jack, Mankind, Dude Love). It was just a really great moment that I will always remember. Thanks Mick.

I'll leave you with a classic clip of when Mick did it the first time (with a little help from Stone Cold Steve Austin).

0 comments: