I Love Late Night Television


Over the past year or so I have grown to absolutely love late night television. No, no I'm not talking about Infomercials or what's on HBO (real sex, taxicab confessions, is that even still on?) or that little transition when Cinemax becomes Skinemax... I think I'm digging myself a bit of a hole here, anyway I digress. I'm talking about the late night talk shows; Leno, Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien, and Craig Ferguson. Sure I like some of the hosts a bit more than others but over time they have all grown on me. For example, when Jimmy Fallon first started off, I thought he was horrible, but as he has continued on over the last few months I feel he has gotten a bit more comfortable. Additionally I've realized that Craig Ferguson, who I don't get to watch all that much, is absolutely hysterical.

Sure each host has their strengths and weaknesses. I'm partial to Leno (I don't even know why) but I appreciate Letterman's wit and sarcasm . I don't watch Jimmy Kimmel all that much but he isn't too bad either and Conan is growing on me as well.

All these guys are entertaining and because they are on everyday, they are always current and on top of the "news" of the day. This is sort of lame but from seeing them so often, I feel like I actually know them, like the viewer actually sees how these hosts are in real life ( Sure I could be completely wrong) Also, they can at least give me a good laugh before I go to bed at night and for that, I'm grateful.

God bless Late Night TV.

You can check out all the current episodes of the shows online.

The Tonight Show with Lay Leno
(Jay is finished but is starting a new show soon)
The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien
Late Show with David Letterman
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Oh yeah, and you can't forget your old pal Carson (sorry not Johnny)

Last Call with Carson Daly

0 comments: