The Takeover ( The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien)



Last night was Conan O'Brien's debut as the host of The Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno who was the show's host for 17 years. Don't worry though, Jay will be back soon enough with his own show that will air on weeknights at 10:00. Apparently, according to "critics" (what the hell do they know anyway?) Conan's debut was met with some mixed reviews. Personally, I thought the show was pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of Conan (I don't hate him) but I thought it was a fairly solid debut. Some of the "sketches", which were more like full montages were a bit long but they had some high points as well. Also, the show's first guest, Will Ferrell, was funny as usual. One negative thing I must say is that Pearl Jam's performance at the end of the show was HORRIBLE. They had a huge amount of energy but I thought they sounded awful (was it just me?).

Anyway, I wish Conan good luck on his new show. I'm sure he will do a good job (but in my opinion not better than Jay) and have many memorable moments on the show in the years to come. Good luck.

Check out some clips from the show HERE. Also the full episode should be up pretty soon as well.

0 comments: